Tuesday 23 October 2012

Edible Brooches for Cakes or Cupcakes

We have had many brides tell us that they would like to have brooches on their wedding cake, but they can't seem to find a real brooch that suits their style. So while I was searching the web, I came across some chocolate brooches. When I saw these edible brooches, I realized that I could make them myself and customize them to suit my client's needs. I decided that I would try to make some out of our handmade marshmallow fondant. 

Here's how we did it:

We took a small amount of our marshmallow fondant, added some Tylose powder to it (so it will dry harder), then rolled the fondant out to about 5 mm think and cut out 2 different sized circles (1 large & 1 small). We used royal icing to glue the smaller circle on top of the larger circle and then attached large silver "Bling Balls" to the larger circle. We then attached sugar pearls and smaller silver sugar balls to finish off the design on the smaller circle. 

Here's our finished product: Amazing, handmade marshmallow fondant brooches!


Here's a close-up photo of the edible brooch on one of our red velvet cupcakes!


We can't wait to try out some more fondant brooch designs!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment